Monday 14 May 2012

First Paper Sent

Finally the first paper was sent last week. It is always the hope of a postgraduate student or a novice researcher to get his or her first paper sent and published. How long does it take to get it published? Would it be published? I don't know. But there was a little sense of contentment... there is no doubt about it. I know there are goals set by researchers as to how many papers should get published every year. I am not there yet so I do not know what should be my goal. However that does not imply I am passive or indifferent in this matter. I have learnt so many new things over the past two years and I am continuing to explore new things every now and then. I believe there are times for me to learn so many things in academia. Rather than setting a goal (for getting papers published) which I may like but do not really understand, I just need to work hard. If I don't know and don't really know, I am happy to admit it. When I know, I know, and I want to know it with assurance and conviction.

2 comments:

  1. Received the replying email with minor correction and comments from AJBR. Did accordingly and re-sent. A step closer now... finger-crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Received the acceptance letter last week. Hurray! Thanks to my supervisor. Can't wait to see it published (despite the journal with lower impact factor).

    ReplyDelete